Dr. Peter Wild
- Project Manager at Tecan Austria GmbH, Member of Tecan Group AG
- Dr.techn. sub auspiciis praesidentis University of Salzburg, Austria, 2013 (PhD thesis: "Advanced Segmentation and Comparators for Iris Biometric Surveillance")
- Dipl.-Ing. University of Salzburg, Austria, 2008 (Master's thesis: "Single-sensor hand and footprint-based multimodal biometric recognition")
- Bakk.techn. University of Salzburg, Austria, 2005
- Research interests:
- Computer vision: object detection, segmentation, surveillance, robotic vision systems;
- Pattern recognition: biometrics (iris, face, fingerprint, footprint, palmprint), multibiometric fusion, anti-spoofing, document inspection;
- Media security: image encryption, biometric template protection.
I am a Project Manager for Digital Imaging at Tecan's R&D department in Grödig, Austria, where I am developing solutions related to image processing in medical engineering empowering laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics, and clinical diagnostics.
I completed my Ph.D. thesis on iris biometrics at the University of Salzburg in 2012 with highest honours, graduating sub auspiciis praesidentis in 2013. For my Ph.D. research I was awarded the European Biometrics Industry Award 2013 by the EAB, and received the Appreciation Award 2013 by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Science and Research.
I have over 10 years of experience in image processing, including security-related research as Scientist at AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (2015 - 2017), biometrics research in academic positions at the University of Reading (2013-2015), and the University of Salzburg (2007 - 2013). As an external lecturer I was enrolled in teaching activities at the University of Salzburg (2008 - 2013), Fachhochschule Salzburg - Salzburg University of Applied Sciences (2009 - 2013), Pädagogische Hochschule Salzburg - Salzburg University of Education (2001 - 2013) in the areas of databases, web technologies, programming, software engineering, compiler construction, and distributed systems. I co-founded Wildnet (1998), a small team of experts offering services related to eLearning content creation, internet and database consulting and IT training.